Sunday, May 22, 2011

Trucking in beneficial flowers

I tend to think that time stands still while I'm gardening. When I go out to 'check on things', it will only be a few moments and I'll go back inside to work on my writing projects.

Funny how time keeps moving for the rest of the world while the universe pauses in the garden.

Anyway, here's what I bought yesterday for the Insectary.


Those little six-packs are deceptive. I had 32 plants to get into the ground! I worked until almost sundown and finished up this morning.

The plants are all from the beneficial list: Coreopsis and Osteospermum (African Daisy) in the gallon pots, small varieties of zinnias and asters in six-packs, plus Sweet Alyssum, which I included because of its long blooming season, providing food all summer long for my adult beneficials!

1 comment:

  1. Hi, I love gardens, but I'm hopeless when it comes to up keep, Good luck with yours. Thanks for the follow
    Shaeeza

    ReplyDelete